A TIME TESTED APPROACH TO LEARNING
Classical education focuses on teaching styles, content, and approaches to learning that are attuned to students’ age specific development. This approach to education is rooted in the concept of the Trivium. The Trivium is comprised of three basic tools of learning: Grammar (the tool of knowledge), Logic (the tool of understanding) and Rhetoric (the tool of wisdom). At El Paso Christian School we place emphasis on mastering these tools of learning, not only in the traditional subjects, but also in the fine arts.
Rhetoric Stage: 9th-12th Grade
-bearing fruit in wisdom
- applying and integrating subjects
- perfecting expression of truth with joy and clarity
Grammar Stage: Knd-5th Grade
- soaking in knowledge
- acquiring foundational tools for learning
- establishing a root system
- asking "who", "what", "when", "where" questions
Logic Stage: 6th-8th Grade
- growing in understanding
- making connections and distinctions between ideas
- asking "why" and "how" questions
Let your roots grow down into him, and let your lives be built on him. Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness.
To learn more about Classical Education read Dr. Christopher Perrins Introduction to Classical Education: A Guide for Parents.